1st November 2018 – 31st March 2019
We are currently running our winter training programme offering a number of weekly and monthly training session across all discipline.
All sessions provide a structured workout designed by our club coaches. Winter training is focussed on technique, strength and conditioning as well as base fitness in preparation for the season ahead.
If you’re new to triathlon this is also a great time to find out more about the sport.
- Adults only
- Day: Every Wednesday morning
- Time: 06:15 – 07:15
- Venue: St James Swimming Pool, King’s Lynn. PE30 1NY
- Cost: £3 KLTC members, £5 non members
Mar/April – Reinforcing good technique, building our stamina and endurance was well as race simulation and Open Water Skills
We have 2 lanes available. As a general guide Lane 1 = 2:00min and over/100m, Lane 2 = sub 2:00min/100m (based on CSS times).
If you don’t know your CSS time you can work it out by doing your own time test or come along to one of our CSS timed sessions and check your progress. To find out more about CSS click here
Indoor Cycling/Turbo Training
- Adults Only
- Day: Every Wednesday evening
- Time: 19:15 – 20:15 (set up from 19:00)
- Venue: The Village Meeting Place, North Runcton, King’s Lynn PE33 0RB
- Cost: £2 KLTC Members £5 non-members – Turbo Hire £3
These session operate from November through to the end of March and are ideal to build fitness over the winter ready to hit the roads in April. These sessions are intensive but suitable for all abilities. Everyone follows the same session but at their own pace/capability. To find out more click here
Strength and Conditioning Training
- Adults Only
- Day/Time: Tuesday 8th Jan – 12th Feb, 18:30 – 19:30.
- Venue: Pentney Lakes, lakeside studio, Abbey Road, Pentney. PE32 1LE
- Cost: £7 per session
These classes are designed to complement each element of a triathletes training requirements and will be coached by Kelly Atkins. Please let either myself or Kelly know if you plan to attend, more information here KLTC Strength and Conditioning Training
Transistion Training – Starts 7th March
- Adults and Juniors 8yrs +
- Day: Thursday evenings (7th March – 28th March 2019)
- Time: 18:00 – 19:00
- Venue: Lynnsport Sports Barn,
- Cost: £2 members, £5 non members.
These sessions will give you and understanding of Transistion, what to expect and a chance to practise in a safe environment, ask questions and have some fun. We will cover areas such as: setting out your kit, racking your bikes, swim to bike and bike to run transitions, race simulation and much more. A great chance to iron out any problems before race day.
These sessions are suitable for all abilities, newbies and seasoned triathletes.
What to bring.
Bike, helmet and clothes suitable for cycling and running indoors, race belt, Swim hat and googles.
It is also a good idea to bring a drink and some warm clothes for afterwards.
Hill/Off Road Run Training – next session 7th April 2019
- Adults and Juniors welcome, Juniors under 14 must be accompanied
- Day/Time: 1st Sunday of Each Month, 09:00 – 11:00
- Venue: Either Wootton Woods, meet in car park opposite King’s Lynn Golf Club or At Shouldham Warren.
These are led trail runs involving hill reps and other interval sets. These session are ideal to build fitness and strength over the winter. These sessions are intensive but suitable for all abilities
Brick/Duathlon (Run/Bike/Run) Training – next session 17th March 2019
- Adults and Juniors 14yrs and over
- Day/Time: 3rd Sunday of Each Month between 09:00- 11:00 (08:30 for long course)
- Venue: Wolferton Car Park. Click for map
These are led sessions, meeting at Wolferton car park. Our next session will be a duathlon and consists of 2 options
Option #1 Short Course - 2-4km off road run, 10-16km road cycle (short loops on quiet roads) followed by a 2-4km off road run. You choose the distance you wish to Run/Bke/Run. Ideal for those new to triathlon or those who wish to improve spead over shorter distance.Starts at 09:00
Option #2 Long Course 10.5km on/off road run, 40km bike (3 loops), 8.5km run. This is aimed at those doing long course or more experienced triathletes. Starts at 08:30